Friday, April 2, 2010

New Helmet Padding


Well, anyone who fights knows that foam padding does not breath well in a steel helmet. So I decided to make a new padding system for my helmet. It is linen fabric stuffed with bamboo fiber batting. It is a little over stuffed but fits my head and the helm well and snuggly. There is no movement of the helm at all. It use to have a little movement with the foam lining. The reason I over stuffed it was because I believe the batting will breakdown a little with use.

I hope it will breath better than the foam and I know it will absorb moisture, which is a good thing. Now I need to make a new helmet strap and try it out next week at Celt Wars.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

how did the padding come out? did it work well with your helmet? did the fabric breath well?